Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Nova Scotia Baco Noir by Blomidon Estate Winery

So today was a drizzly, damp cold summers day in Canning...at 17 degrees and overcast I figured why not check out my local winery before stealing a glimse of Kingsport Beach..... so off we went to the winery....to taste three wines which were worthy of trying but one of them blew me away. NS made a full bodied Baco Noir that could compare to any Cab I have had? I was shocked. Having tried Niagara BN's, I had not much hope that NS could do anything different....well I was wrong!
The 2010 Blomidon Estate Baco Noir was full bodies, vanilla flavours, with a nice smooth finish to it! They say in a cpl years it will be even better so a cpl bottles to drink now and 2 for the cellar! Hip Hip Horray!
http://www.blomidonwine.com/wines.html

Tomorrow will include 5-6 other wineries in the region :-)

No comments: