Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The life of the Umbrella

Well, this is an odd entry but seems fitting for today as it is bloody raining and windy out and is just a really miserable day. So I am walking in the rain in my black trenchcoat with no umbrella...dodging the large drops that seem to come from the roof of the buildings on the sidewalk. And I see in the distance, laying on the sidewalk, a crippled blue umbrella. It appears the wind snapped the frame and the person must have been frustrated and just threw it on the ground. I also, for a brief moment, thought perhaps somone gave it to a homeless person (which is what I had done once a few years back) but thought, well, if they did that there would be someone huddled up under it, in which case there was noone around.
I quickly thought, I could use this umbrella to protect me from the rain as I walked to my office. Then I thought that I might look a wee bit silly walking with a broken umbrella.
And in the end, I walked past this umbrella and wondered if someone else might pick it up...

No comments: